banner search whats new site index home

Bellmawr Borough


Bellmawr Borough Hall is located at 21 East Browning Road, Bellmawr, NJ 08031; phone: 856-933-1313.

Bellmawr as described in 1939 [1]

Bellmawr, population 1,123, is a comparatively new residential section on the site of the old Bell Farm, long famous for its fine draught horses. Originally known as Heddings for a church built here in 1865, the community changed its name when a post office was established here.

  1. Federal Writers' Project of the Works Progress Administration for the State of New Jersey, New Jersey: A Guide to Its Present and Past, American Guide Series, The Viking Press, 1939, New York
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 10501 • Privacy