Barrington Borough Hall is located at 229 Trenton Avenue, Barrington NJ 08007; phone: 856-547-0706.
The area that would become Barrington saw settlement by farmers during the late 18th century. Real estate development and the railroad resulted in the emergence of the Village of Barrington during the 1890s.
The name was given by William Simpson in the late 1800s, in honor of his former home, Great Barrington, Massachusetts. The Borough was incorporated in 1917. Prior to incorporation Barrington was part of Centre Township, as were Mt Ephraiom, Magnolia, and Lawnside.