Willingboro Township Municipal Center is located at 220 Willingboro Parkway, Willingboro NJ 08046; phone: 609-877-6668.
The area was one of the original subdivisions of Burlington County when it was created in 1688, then known as the "Canstabulary of Wellingborrow." It was incorporated as one of New Jersey's original 104 townships in 1798 and named Willingboro.
From about 1958 through 1972, Levitt and Sons created its third-largest of the Levittowns following Levittown, New York and Levittown, Pennsylvania. During this period the name was changed to Levittown Township, but was subsequently renamed Willingboro in 1963. Levitt, who had customarily donated land for schools in his development, was not happy with the name change, and from then forward did not donate any additional land in Willingboro.