Delanco Township Municipal Building is located at 770 Coopertown Road, Delanco NJ 08075; phone: 856-461-0561.
The area comprising Delanco Township was a Lenni Lenape hunting ground, rich in Indian lore. The name Rancocas Creek is derived for the Indian name for that waterway, "Ancocas." The area had been settled as early as 1681 by English Quakers. The town of "Delaranco" (from Delaware River and Rancocas Creek, later shortened to Delanco) was survey by Charles Stokes and Benjamin Bishop in 1852. By 1856 there were five stores, a school, tavern, hotel and a sawmill operating in Delanco. Steamboats passed by on their runs from Mount Holly to Philadelphia, transporting primarily fruits and vegetables.