Paramus Borough Hall is located at 1 Jockish Square, Paramus NJ 07652; phone: 201-265-2100.
Photo: Terhune-Gardner-Lindenmeyer House, ca. 1707, 218 Paramus Road, Paramus, NJ. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. Photographed by User:Michael Herrick (own work), 2009, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed September, 2013.
Paramus was incorporated as a borough in 1922.
Paramus as described in 1939 
Paramus is an old Dutch farm community still growing vegetables for the city markets. A wide area on both sides of State Route 2 is covered with black much, especially suited to celery growing, giving Paramus the local name of Celery Town. Dutch colonists first settled here in 1666.
- Federal Writers' Project of the Works Progress Administration. New Jersey: A Guide to its Present and Past, New York: Public Library of Newark and New Jersey Guild Associates, Viking Press, 1939.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 10433 • Privacy