Maywood Borough Hall is located at 15 Park Avenue, Maywood NJ 07607; phone: 201-845-2900.
Maywood Borough covers an area of 1.3 square miles. It was incorporated in 1894 from Midland Township.
Upon incorporation, Maywood's first elected officials were: Clarence A. Breckenridge, mayor; Gustav L. Jaeger, John H. Voorhis, John H. Cumberland, Charles Lydecker, Philip Thoma, and David L. Price, councilmen.
Historic Borough architecture shows a strong Dutch influence, reflecting the Dutch heritage of Bergen County's early settlers.