East Rutherford Borough
East Rutherford Borough Hall is located at 1 Everett Place, East Rutherford, NJ 07073; phone: 201-933-3444.
That portion of the old township of Union, known as East Rutherford was incorporated under the name "Boiling Springs Township." The township was dissolved in 1893, being replaced by the Borough of East Rutherford. The first election of borough officers took place in 1894 with Theodore G. Hoster serving as mayor. A Methodist church was built in East Rutherford in 1898 with the Reverend Mr. Hubach serving as its first pastor.