Bogota Borough Hall is located at 375 Larch Avenue, Bogota NJ 07603; phone: 201-342-1736.
The Borough of Bogota is named in honor of the Bogart family who first occupied these lands. The ancestors of the family came to America from Holland, locating first some time prior to 1661 in Long Island, but subsequently removing to Bergen County, where Peter Bongart bought the farm still owned by his descendants. Ruloff Bongart, son of Peter and grandfather of Judge Peter Bongart, was the last to include the 'n' in the spelling of the name.
Located on the Hackensack River, Bogart was incorporated in 1893. Frederick W. Cane was the first mayor. In 1900 the borough had no churches and two commercial businesses, the Bogota Paper Company and the Riverside Planing Mill.