Ventnor City Hall is located at 6201 Atlantic Avenue, Ventnor, NJ 08406; phone: 609-823-7900.
The City of Ventnor was incorporated in 1903. The name was suggested by Mrs. S. Bartram Richards, wife of one of the executives of the Camden and Atlantic Land Company who first developed and promoted the area. The Richards had previously visited Ventnor, England (a seaside resort on the Isle of Wight) and harbored fond memories of its beauty.
Ventnor as described in the 1930s 
Ventnor might appear to some as a part of Philadelphia moved to the New Jersey shore. But beside the long rows of Philadelphia houses and bungalows are the beautiful estates that enable Ventnor to carry on the tradition of Cape May as the first blue blood of New Jersey resorts. The business section of the restricted area is the shopping center for the summer visitors; a second business district gets the trade of the majority of the all-year residents. Although it is suburban to Atlantic City, Ventnor has sufficient facilities to be a shore resort in its own right.