Fremont Town Hall is located at 295 Main Street, Fremont, NH 03044; phone: 603-895-869.
Originally named Poplin when incorporated in 1704, the name was changed to Fremont in 1854 to honor General John C. Fremont, the first candidate of the republican party for President. It was once a station stop on the Nashua and Rochester Railroad. The Reverend Orlo Hines was the first minister. The Fremont Library Association, formed in 1866, moved to a building in the center of Fremont, built by the town on land donated by Warren True, in 1894.