Hooksett Town Hall is located at 35 Main Street, Hooksett, NH 03106; phone: 603-485-8471.
Hooksett was incorporated in 1882 as part of Hillsborough County, and became part of Merrimack when it was formed in 1883.
The name "Isle au Hooksett" and "Isle au Hooksett Falls" were attached to the locality many years before the town's incorporation and the naming of the town, but the derivation of the name remains unknown.
Little is known of the early settlers. One of the first settlers was Daniel Martin who had a grant from King George. John Dustin was probably the first physician to locate within the territory. He lived at Martin's Ferry in 1775.
Joseph A. E. Long was the first minister, coming to the area about 1824. Methodist preaching had begun sometime between 1820 and 1830. A Universalist society was begun in 1958.
The first post office was established about 1822.