banner search whats new site index home

Bow Town


Bow Town Hall is located at 10 Grandview Road, Bow, NH 03304; phone: 603-228-1187.

Chartered in 1727, the town is (according to some historians) named for its location at the "bow" of the Merrimack River. One of the first settlements, known as Bow Mills, was along the river where saw and grist mills were located at an early time. Noted Bow historic figures include John Ordway, member of the Lewis and Clark expedition, and Mary Baker Eddy, founder of the Christian Science Church. [Town History, Town of Bow, www.bow-nh.com, accessed May, 2011.]

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 16862