Hebron Town Hall is located at 7 School Street, Hebron, NH 03241; phone: 603-744-2631.
Hebron was formed from portions of Cockermouth (Groton) and Plymouth. In 1791 residents of the southeastern corner of Cockermouth and the southwest corner of Plymouth petitioned the general court for a new township. The petitioners felt they were located too far from Plymouth, and were already supporting a minister of their own. The petition was granted in 1792. The name was suggested by Samuel Phelps in honor of Hebron, Connecticut, the native town of many settlers, including several members of the Phelps family. Hebron encompasses the northern end of Newfound Lake.