Marlborough Town Hall is located at 236 Main Street, Marlborough, NH 03455; phone: 603-876-3313.
In March of 1775 at a meeting of the Monadnock #5 proprietors, a committee was appointed to get Marlborough incorporated as a township. Committee members appointed were Benjamin Tucker, Eliphalet Stone and Thomas Riggs. A petition was first read before the Provincial Congress in July. The town was incorporated in December of 1776.
The name Marlborough originated, no doubt, from the fact that the majority of the early settlers were natives, or had been long residents of Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. At the time of incorporation the qualifying word "New" was dropped.
At the time the American Revolution got underway, there could not have been more than 60 men in Marlborough, most of whom were family heads who found it difficult to provide for their families. Immediately after the battle of Concord and Lexington, at least 6 men from Marlborough joined the 3rd New Hampshire Regiment.
The articles of confederation of the Congress of 1776 were brought before the citizens of Marlborough in February of 1778 at a meeting moderated by Lieutenant Oliver Wright. It was voted to accept all the articles except number eight.