Jackson Town Hall is located at 54 Main Street, Jackson, NH 03846; phone: 603-383-6248.
The Jackson Historical Society is located in the Old Town Hall Building, phone: 603-383-4060.
The first settlers in Jackson were Benjamin Coop and his family, about 1778. They came from Madbury, New Hampshire and named their new settlement New Madbury. When the town was incorporated in 1800 as part of Coos County, it was named Adams for President John Adams. The name was changed to Jackson in 1829. In 1853 the town became part of Carroll County. [www.jacksonvillage.net, accessed May, 2011.]