Freedom Town Hall is located at 33 Old Portland Road, Freedom, NH 03836; phone: 603-539-6323.
Freedom was originally incorporated June 16, 1831 as North Effingham. It embraced that portion of Effingham lying north of the Great Ossipee River. The name was retained until 1832 when it was changed to Freedom. The town is bounded on the north by Eaton and Madison, on the east by Porter (Maine), south of Effingham and on the west by Ossipee. The Ossipee River is the only stream of importance. The town having been organized at such a late date, its early settlement and pioneer history is necessarily that of Effingham.