Sanbornton Town Hall is located at 573 Sanborn Street, Sanbornton, NH 03269; phone: 603-286-4034.
Sanbornton was granted by the Masonian proprietors in 1748 to John Sanborn and others. The grantees were residents of Hampton, Exeter and Stratham, 12 of whom were named Sanborn; hence the name of the town. Settlements were retarded by reason of trouble with the Indians, and none were permanently made until 1764. In 1768 there were 32 families in town.
The first settlers were Moses Danforth, Thomas Danforth, Solomon Copp, Daniel Fifield, Samuel Shepard, John Sanborn, David Dustin and Andrew Rowen, in 1764.
Sanbornton was incorporated in 1770.