Oshkosh City Hall is located at 305 West 1st Street, Oshkosh, NE 69154; phone: 308-772-3686.
The first permanent settlers in the Oshkosh area were men from the Oshkosh Land and Cattle Company, some of whom had come from Oshkosh, Wisconsin. In 1885 Henry Gumaer and John Robinson drove the first herd of cattle to the area, building headquarters on land now part of the Garden County Airport. In 1889 a two-story structure was built on Main Street for a general store, post office, and hotel. [www.oshkoshnebraska.com, accessed October, 2017]