banner search whats new site index home

Maxton Town

Maxton Town Hall is located at 201 McCaskill Avenue, Maxton, NC 28364; phone: 910-844-5231.

First settled in the 1700s, the town was incorporated in 1874 under the name of Shoe Hill. In 1886 the name was changed to Maxton, honoring Maxton Parish, Scotland, and the many settlers of Scottish roots. Angues Wilton McClean [1870-1935], a native of Maxton, served as Assistant U.S. Secretary of the Treasury (1920-1921) and North Carolina's 56th governor (1925-1925).

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 21178