Roxboro City Hall is located at 105 South Lamar Street, Roxboro, NC 27573; phone: 336-599-3116.
Originally known as Macassin Gap, Roxboro was incorporated in 1855.
Roxboro as Described in 1939 
Roxboro is a cotton-manufacturing and tobacco-marketing center, named for Roxburgh in Scotland. It is the seat of Person County, formed in 1791 and named for Revolutionary General Thomas Person. This region is an extension of the Virginia Blue Wing copper district, containing novaculite, a quartz used for whetstones; silver, and in the western part, granite valuable for building.
Manufactured products include toweling, upholstery and drapery fabrics. One cotton mill has a yearly output of 60 million pounds of yarn.
The town was founded when the temporary seat of Person County was moved here from Payne's Tavern and a courthouse was erected between two springs. John R. Green, a Roxboro native, originated Bull Durham tobacco. William W. Kitchin, Governor of North Carolina from 1909 to 1913, was a native of Person County.
The white stone, box-shaped Person County Courthouse was built in 1930. On the lawn is a square granite block inscribed with the names of the county's Confederate soldiers, and honoring Captain E. Fletcher Satterfield (1837-1863), killed at Gettysburg.