banner search whats new site index home

Louisburg Town

Louisburg Town Hall is located at 110 West Nash Street, Louisburg, NC 27549; phone: 919-496-3406.

Beginnings [1]

The area that is now the Town of Louisburg was settled in 1758. The Town of Louisburg itself was incorporated in 1779, the same year that both Franklin County and Louisburg College were established. It was named to honor King Louis XVI of France who was providing aid to the colonies during the American Revolution. Two vital parts of the town are its roles related to affairs of the county seat of government and the presence of Louisburg College.

  1. Division of Community Planning, Department of Conservation and Development, State of North Carolina, Development Plan, Louisburg, North Carolina, 1964, www.archive.org, accessed March, 2011.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 19192