Wadesboro Town Hall is located at 124 East Wade Street, Wadesboro, NC 28170; phone: 704-694-5173.
First settled by Patrick Broggan, the town was established as the Anson County seat of government in 1783 and was known as New Town for its first 4 years. The name was changed to Wadesboro in 1787 to honor Broggan's brother-in-law, Colonel Thomas Wade, who served with distinction in the Revolutionary War.
A post office was established in 1797, named Anson with John West serving as postmaster. In 1802 the post office name was changed to Wadesboro and James Lowery served as postmaster.