Taylorsville Town Hall is located at 67 Main Avenue Southeast, Taylorsville, NC 28681; phone: 828-632-2218.
The Town of Taylorsville and the County of Alexander were created in 1847. Land for the county seat was donated by J. M. Bogle, James James and William Manson. Lots were platted and an auction in August of 1847 resulted in 47 sales. An additional 10 lots were sold in November, with 5 more sold in March of the following year.
The first mayor, John Watts, was appointed by the commissioners of the newly-formed county. The original town was surveyed to be 1/2 mile square.