Yazoo City Hall is located at 128 East Jefferson Street, Yazoo City, MS 39194; phone: 662-746-1401.
Yazoo City as described in 0000 
Yazoo City offers a contrast of Delta with bluffs, part of it being built on a low flat bordering the Yazoo River and the other perched precipitously on steep hills above. The town was established in 1824 as Hanan's Bluff, and for many years, with its booming river trade, was a more important town than Jackson. It was incorporated in 1830 as Manchester, in 1839 its name was changed to Yazoo City. During the War between the States major battles and a great many skirmishes took place on the river. At low-water periods the hulk of an old gunboat sunk by the Federals is visible. In 1904 fire swept the town and destroyed its ante-bellum homes and buildings. Rebuilt since that time, Yazoo City is modern in appearance. During the flood of 1927 a large Red Cross camp for refugees stood on the bluff above the river, sheltering people from the vast inundated area in northwest Mississippi. Yazoo City is the birthplace of Rear Admiral Thomas Pickett Magruder (1867) now retired from active service.