Coldwater Town Hall is located at 444 Court Street, Coldwater, MS 38618; phone: 662-622-7241.
The area that would become Coldwater was known as Elk Grove prior to its incorporation in 1872. At that time Coldwater was a railroad depot in the Mississippi and Tennessee Railroad. The railroad drew settlers from various states. By 1890 the census enumerated about 400 persons residing in the town.