Lake Tapawingo City
Lake Tapawingo City Hall is located at 144 Anchor Drive, Blue Springs, MO 64015; phone: 816-229-3722.
The Lake Tapawingo community was created in 1926 by the Lake Tapawingo Development Company, a group of Kansas City businessmen.
Tapawingo is an Indian word meaning beautiful water, or beautiful place. The development company created the lake and 315 acre community as a sports retreat. By the 1960s both Independence and Blue Springs sought to annex the community so the residents incorporated in 1962 as the City of Lake Tapawingo.