Blue Springs City
Blue Springs City Hall is located at 903 West Main Street, Blue Springs, MO 64015; phone: 816-228-0110.
The area that would become Blue Springs was settled around 1838 by Franklin Smith who had come from Virginia. Smith led the development of Blue Springs; he established the first post office (1845) naming it after the well-known springs.
Until 1878 the settlement grew around the vicinity of the Springs. At that time the Chicago and Alton Railroad planned to built a station about a mile east of the settlement. The town moved its center to the site of the new station. Blue Springs was incorporated in 1880.