Kingston City Hall is located at 522 South Franklin Street, Kingston, MO 64650; phone: 816-586-2400.
Kingston, the county seat of Caldwell County, was named fro Judge Austin A. King, afterward a Governor of the State. By act of December 16, 1842, George M. Dunn of Ray; Littleberry Sublett, of Clay; Robert D. Ray, of Carroll; John Austin, of Livingston; and Milford Donahoe, of Daviess, were appointed commissioners to locate the permanent seat of justice. Kingston was surveyed in 1843 for the owners, James Ramsey and William Hill. Charles J. Hughes was appointed commissioner to conduct the sale of lots. The land on which Kingston was originally located was entered by Abraham Coats and Roswell Stevens. The commission upon the request of a large number of citizens, named the town Kingston.