Sturgeon City Hall is located at 303 East Station Road, Sturgeon, MO 65284; phone: 573-687-3321.
Sturgeon was laid out in 1856 by the Sturgeon Town Company of which John D. Patton, James F. Hicks, and Archie Wayne were trustees. The site was purchased from John Rockford, N. B. Banks and J. B. Smith. It was named in honor of Isaac H. Sturgeon, then the superintendent of the North Missouri Railroad, later part of the Wabash Railway system.