Elk River City
Elk River City Offices are located at 13065 Orono Parkway, Elk River MN 55330; phone: 763.635.1000.
Elk River Village became the County Seat in 1872; in 1978 Elk River Village and Elk River Township consolidated creating the present-day City. The municipality is centered around the confluence of the 70-mile long Elk River and the Mississippi.
Besides the National Historic Landmark, Oliver H. Kelley Homestead, the City is home to two other resources listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Elki Stadium (Main and Norfolk, listed 2004) and the Sherburne County Courthouse (Lowell Avenue, listed 1995).