Champlin City Hall is located at 11955 Champlin Drive, Champlin, MN 55316; phone: 763-421-8100.
The area of Champlin was first settled by Father Louis Hennepin, Franciscan missionary for whom Hennepin County was named. The first permanent settlement, named Marshall Township, was established by Charles Miles. It was split into two (Champlin and Dayton) in 1859. The Mississippi River city is named for Commodore Stephen Champlin who served in the War of 1812. [en.wikipedia.org, accessed August, 2015]