Southfield Township administrative offices are located at 18550 West 13 Mile Road, Southfield Township, MI 48025; phone: 248-540-3420.
Southfield Township, originally known as Ossewa Township, came into existence on July 12, 1830. The name was changed to Southfield Township seventeen days later. Franklin Village was an early community established in the fall of 1828. The break up of the original 36 square miles of Southfield Township began with the incorporation of the City of Lathrup Village on May 12, 1953, the Village of Franklin on November 8, 1953, the Village of Bingham Farms on June 7, 1955, and the Village of Beverly Hills (originally named the Village of Westwood) in April, 1958. The City of Southfield was incorporated on September 16, 1957. [Southfield Township Michigan, History, www.southfieldtownship.org, accessed August, 2015]