Town of St Michaels
The St. Michaels Municipal Building is located at 300 Mill Street, St. Michaels, MD 21663; phone: 410-745-9535.
First settled in 1677, an Episcopal Parish was established and named in honor of Saint Michael the Archangel. St. Michaels was incorporated in 1804. Known as a ship-building town for much of its history, it transformed into a sailing and tourist center during the 20th century. St. Michaels is home to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, a number of inns, restaurants and tourist accommodations. According to the town's website (www.townofstmichaels.com) St. Michaels entertains more than 100,000 visitors annually.