Rising Sun Town
Rising Sun Town Hall is located at 1 East Main Street, Rising Sun, MD 21911; phone: 401-658-5353.
Rising Sun as described in 1938 
Rising Sun is an important banking and trading center for the area, making considerable sales of farm supplies and building materials. A large and well-equipped plant here handles and ships milk.
The community, which is on the brow of a hill, was founded by Henry Reynolds and known as Summer Hill until 1816, when the present name was adopted. This name was taken from that of an old tavern whose sign bore a picture of a sun on the horizon. This old hostelry stood on the spot now occupied by the bank; the present Rising Sun Hotel, formerly the Maryland House, is on the opposite corner. The original structure on this site was the Odd Fellows' Hall, which was burned, rebuilt on a larger scale, and subsequently turned into a tavern.