Cockeysville is a historic village and census-designated place in Baltimore County.
Cockeysville as described in 1940 
Cockeysville, the trade center of a large farming area, is noted chiefly for the marble obtained from quarries nearby. At the south end of the Pennsylvania Railroad underpass is the Sherwood Episcopal Church, a stone building erected in 1830. The church was named for the English home of the Cockey family, one of whose members donated the land and money for it. In 1876 the building was enlarged and the belfry added.
Just outside of town is the former Beaver Dam Quarry, now filled with water. A high grade marble quarried here for more than a century was used in the construction of the Washington Monument and the State, War and Navy Building in Washington, D.C., St. Patricks Cathedral in New York, the Drexel Bank in Philadelphia, and the Washington Monument in Baltimore.