Linthicum is a census-designated place (CDP), an unincorporated residential community located just north of the Baltimore Washington Airport (BWI). The Linthicum Heights post office is located at 515 South Camp Meade Road, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090; phone: 410-859-9886.
What is now Linthicum was part of a 1674 land grant from Lord Baltimore to Nikolas Painter of Saint Mary's County. The parcel was then known as Andover. Painter leased a portion of the tract that became Linthicum Heights to John Walker. Through a series of resales the Painter tract coming into the possession of the Abner family in 1801. Shortly after obtaining the tract, Abner Linthicum settled here, building a house and establishing a charcoal-making business.