- Cole Mill
- East Carver
- Huckleberry Corner
- North Carver
- Shutleff Corner
- South Carver
Carver Town Hall is located at 108 Main Street, Carver, MA 02330; phone: 508-866-3400.
This town was first settled by white people about 1638. It was for many years part of the Town of Plymouth. It was first set off from Plymouth in June 1707, forming a part of the Town of Plympton, which was incorporated as a new town in June of that year. Carver continued to be a part of Plympton until June 9, 1790, when it was incorporated by the name it still bears.
Carver is located approximately 38 miles from Boston.
Historic Timeline 
- 1660 – First permanent white resident of Carver has house at Lakenham, now North Carver
- 1723 – First lumber mill in Carver built by John Cole
- 1732 – Pope's Point Furnace, iron works, begins operation
- 1760 – Charlotte's Furnace begins construction in present-day South Carver
- 1772 – Carver's first church, South Meeting House, is established
- 1790 – Carver set off from Plympton as separate town; takes name from Massachusetts governor John Carver
- 1823 – Second church built in North Carver, later King Phillip's Hall
- 1824 – Baptist Church built
- 1849 – Construction of second school building for Lakenham
- 1859 – Congregational Church built
- 1892 – Railroad completed from Middleboro to Plymouth, with a stop in North Carver
- 1895 – Carver Public Library established.
- 1897 – First high school classes in Carver held at Town Hall
- 1905 – Population of town reaches 1,410
- 1912 – Some 2,400 acres in Carver are used to grow cranberries
- 1913 – Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church begins construction
- 1930 – Passenger service discontinued on railroad line
- 1970s – Route 3 extended to Plymouth
- 1977 – Carver Master Plan completed
- 1980 – Lakenham Historic District established
- 1981 – Subdivision by-law updated
- 1982 – Savery Historic District established
- 1983 – Interstate 495 extended to Wareham, providing access to and from Carver
- 1988 – Carver High School opens; town is no longer part of regional school district in Plymouth
- 1990s – Commuter rail stations built in Middleboro and Kingston to provide transportation to Boston
- Dean Dudley, Historical Sketches of Towns in Plymouth and Barnstable Counties, Massachusetts, D. Dudley & Company, Publishers, Boston, 1873.
- Town of Carver, Master Plan 2001, Section 5, Historical and Cultural Resources, www.carverma.org, accessed July, 2011.