Sudbury Town Hall is located at 322 Concord Road, Sudbury, MA 01776; phone: 978-639-3351.
Land here was originally granted in 1637 on petition to the residents of Watertown, but most of the actual settlers came directly from England. Their names appear on the passenger list of the Confidence, which sailed from Southampton April 24, 1638. The town was incorporated in 1639.
At the outbreak of the Revolution, Sudbury had a population of 2160 inhabitants, the highest in its history, about 500 of whom saw active service in the war. The list of officers from this town in the Continental Army includes a brigadier general, colonels, majors, adjutants, surgeons, 24 captains, and 29 lieutenants. In the 19th century, Sudbury lost much of its territory to new towns; its industries died and were not replaced. Today , its nurseries, carnation greenhouses, and vegetable farms furnish the chief occupations.