Mansfield Town Hall is located at 6 Park Row, Mansfield, MA 02048; phone: 508-261-7466.
First settled about 1659, Mansfield was incorporated in 1775. The town is named for Lord Mansfield and occupies the site of an Indian winter camping ground. Beginning in 1800, the town became predominantly industrial with the opening of a large tack factory. The town-manager form of government was adopted in 1921.
A 1917 experiment by a Holland native in the cultivation of gladioli resulted in extensive gardens surrounding the town, devoted to commercial enterprise.