Park Hills City
Park Hills City Hall is located at 1106 Amsterdam Road, Park Hills, KY 41011; phone: 859-431-6252.
The development of Park Hills started in the 1920's, decades after cities like Erlanger, Elsmere, and Crescent Springs were founded. It began in earnest when the Lee, Simmons, and Billiter families bought land and laid out streets. By 1926 homes were for sale on Audubon, Emerson, Cleveland, Park Drive and Rose Circle. The developers proclaimed Park Hills "the most beautiful subdivision property in the country with every city convenience and no city taxes." Lots were selling for $1,800 and up and homes were selling for close to $10,000. Park Hills was incorporated in 1927. The first Mayor was Stanley Disque. Joseph Hermes, William Ruef, William Middendorf and Dr. R.M. Rankin were the Trustees; R.C. Johnson, the Assessor; Thomas Dunn was Marshall and Martin J. Brown was Police Judge. [City of Park Hills, City of Park Hills: Then and Now ..., www.parkhillsky.net, accessed February, 2015.