banner search whats new site index home

Lenexa City

Lenexa City Hall is located at 12350 West 87th Street Parkway, Lenexa, KS 66215; phone: 913-477-7500.

As a satellite city of Kansas City, MO, Lenexa is part of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area.

Lenexa was founded about 1869 and incorporated as a city in 1907.

Beginnings [1]

H. D. Gilette moved to Lenexa in 1870 and started the first blacksmith shop. Among the early settlers were Joseph Rush and Edwin Bradshaw. David Huff moved here in 1871. The post office was established in 1870. The first birth in town was that of John Bower to Miss Mary Bradshaw in 1873, and the first death was that of George Bower, the same year. The Methodist Church was built in 1878. The Farmers State Bank of Lenexa organized in 1904. Early businesses included the Lenexa Lumber Company, several general merchandise and variety stores, a blacksmith shop, a drug store, a harness maker, several hotels and the Bradshaw Brothers Real Estate Company.

  1. Ed Blair, History of Johnson County, Kansas, Standard Publishing Company, Lawrence, Kansas, 1915.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 17938