Rockport City Hall is located at 426 Main Street, Rockport, IN 47635; phone: 812-649-2242.
Rockport was first settled ca. 1808 by James Lankford and family, who set up home in a cave overlooking the Ohio River. A town was well under development by 1813 and in 1818 was designated the county seat. Rockport was incorporated in 1844 and grew to more than 1,000 residents by 1856.