banner search whats new site index home

Bartlett Village

Bartlett Village Hall is located at 228 South Main Street, Bartlett, IL 60103; phone: 630-837-0800.

Beginnings [1]

The early settlers who arrived in the area of Bartlett in the 1840Ős were mostly sheep and grain farmers. Among those farmers was Luther Bartlett who arrived from Massachusetts in 1843. Bartlett and his neighbors encouraged the extension of the Chicago and Pacific Railroad through northern Illinois and offered a 40-acre parcel to the railroad where the present station now stands. In 1873, the station was constructed and BartlettŐs name was placed on it. In 1891, Bartlett was incorporated. Initially, Bartlett experienced only modest growth, and at the turn of the century, the population was 400. By 1960, the community had grown to 1,540 residents.

  1. Bartlett Park District Board of Commissioners, Comprehensive Master Plan for the Bartlett Park District, 2015,, accessed April, 2016.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 14403 • Privacy