Hazel Crest Village
Hazel Crest Village Hall is located at 3000 West 170th Place, Hazel Crest IL 60429; phone: 708-335-9600.
The Village of Hazel Crest was incorporated in 1912 at which time it was a small farming community and rail depot. Early development occurred in the vicinity of 170th Street, between the Illinois Central Railroad and Dixie Highway. As the Village grew, this became the town center and more homes were built in the area west of Dixie Highway between 167th and 171st Streets. The older section of the Village is now known as Hazel Crest Proper (HCP). In more recent times, the old town center has declined as government offices relocated and price conscious residents were attracted to new, outlying commercial developments.