Elk Grove Village
Elk Grove Village Hall is located at 901 Wellington Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007; phone: 847-439-3900.
Elk Grove was first settled about 1834 by New England farmers. It remained a rural community until World War II when Douglas Aircraft built a manufacturing plant nearby. The plant was sold after the War to the City of Chicago and the land would be cleared to build O'Hare International Airport. The village expanded rapidly during the 1950s and 1960s paralleling the expansion of the Airport.