banner search whats new site index home

Linn County Iowa




Calder Houses, ca. 1868, 1214 and 1216 2nd Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, IA, National Register

Photo: Calder Houses, ca. 1868, 1214 and 1216 2nd Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, IA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. Photographed by User:RifeIdeas (own work), 2011, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2014.

Linn County administrative offices are located at 935 2nd Street SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404; phone: 319-892-5000.

Linn County was established in 1837 when Iowa was a part of the Wisconsin Territory. The Iowa Territory was established by Congress in 1838. It was named for Louis F. Linn [1796-1843], a U.S. Senator from Missouri.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 1835