Oakwood City Hall is located at 4035 Walnut Circle, Oakwood, GA 30566; phone: 770-534-2365.
First known as Odell's Crossing, what would become Oakwood was established in 1873 on a railroad line connecting Atlanta and Charlotte. The name was changed to Oakwood because it had become a regular stop for wood-burning locomotives loading-up on fuel — oak wood. [History. www.cityofoakwood.net, accessed March, 2015]