Sandy Springs City
Sandy Springs City Hall is located at 7840 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30350; phone: 770-730-5600.
Surviving a number of attempts over half-a-century by the City of Atlanta to annex the community, Sandy Springs incorporated as a city on December 1, 2005. It is located in North Fulton County, north of the City of Atlanta and south of the City of Roswell. Its western boundary is the Chattahoochee River (Cobb County lies on the other side of the river), and to the City's east are DeKalb County and a small portion of Gwinnett County.
Settlement on the land that would become Sandy Springs City dates back to at least the 1840s. The Austin-Johnson House (Johnson Ferry Road) was built ca. 1842.
With 20 miles of Chattahoochee River shoreline, the City offers a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities.