banner search whats new site index home

Temple City

Temple City Hall is located at 337 Sage Street, Temple, GA 30179; phone: 770-562-3369.

Temple was settled around 1862, then known as Ringers' Crossroads for its pioneer resident, Benjamin Ringer. About 1882, as the Georgia Pacific Railroad was being built between Atlanta and Birmingham, the name was changed to Temple in honor of Robert Temple. Major Temple had served in the Civil War and later became chief engineer for the railroad. Temple was incorporated in 1883.

Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 21992