Davenport City Hall is located at 1 South Allapaha Avenue, Davenport, FL 33837; phone: 863-419-3300.
Davenport was organized in the 1880s as the South Florida Railroad reached the area. A post office was established in 1885. Accounts of how the city was named vary. One version claims naming is in honor of Colonel William Davenport an infantry officer who served in the Second Seminole War.